Rumford Hospital Has Full-Service Lab
Rumford Hospitalâ€™s laboratory provides a full range of clinical laboratory services, 24 hours a day, and seven days a week. We are accredited by the College of American Pathologists and licensed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Results for most tests performed at the laboratory are reported to the ordering physician within 24 hours. Tests that are referred out to another lab may take longer.
All out-patient and inpatient medical laboratory specimen collections, for patients of all ages, can be accomplished at the hospital laboratory. Specialized laboratory specimens may be collected as well. It is best to schedule lab visits directly with the laboratory, in the event of time- sensitive collection and possible processing requirements.
What to Know About Lab Appointments
- The hospital laboratory is busiest during the morning. If you are not required to fast before your appointment, consider scheduling later in the day.
- You must go to the Out-patient Registration desk before coming to the laboratory. Please present your laboratory requisition if you have one. Laboratory orders for patients with appointments will have been received and filed in the laboratory.
- Please tell the laboratoryâ€™s registrant if: 1) the provider has sent the requisition over earlier 2) you are an oncology patient 3) you have a recurring standing order, or 4) the order was faxed. This will help us process your visit in a timely manner.
- Remember to wear loose fitting clothing so that we can examine your arms for the appropriate draw site.
- We are staffed with experienced phlebotomists and technologists, but if you have a personal request or want your blood drawn from a specific site, please let us know, and we will try to accommodate you.
- It is recommended that such tests as profiles, glucose, cholesterol/lipid panels be drawn while fasting (12- hour fast required for lipids) unless otherwise specified by your provider. You may drink water.
- Certain tests such as drug levels should be drawn when recommended by the ordering provider to assure test level is representative of the medication-steady state. You will be asked when you took your last dose.
- We try to meet the needs of all our patients with friendly, skilled service. If we do not meet your needs, please let us know. Your comments help us improve our service. (And compliments are also welcome!)
We are open, Monday - Friday: 6:30 AM to 6 PM.
Weekends and Holidays: By pre-arrangement.
Contact us at 207-369-1061.